Monday, February 7, 2011

And the winner is ...


Hello everyone,

So much has happened in a few weeks. I've completely fallen off the good deed blog bandwagon, sad to say. At least I've been busy with good things, like working and ... oh, adopting two kids, you know, a typical January.

Now that January is behind us I have randomly chosen a winner for the my blog contest. I had offered in January (as a ploy to get more readers, and more commenters) a $25 gift card to Dunkin Donuts. Purely a random thing, I used a die to decide, someone out there will be able to overdose on caffeine or sugar, or both!

So, congratulations to Kim N for being my lucky winner!! Woot-woot! Kim, I hope you can hit the Ramsey drive-thru on your next trip to Hassenfeld Children's Center for Cancer and other Blood Disorders. Much luck to you and your daughter Mary, and please keep contributing to the prize bin at the center, it's amazing how a little trinket can really occupy a little person with something to look forward to. (Kim I will need your address, please e-mail it to me.)

Meanwhile I need to rethink my frequency of good deed posting commitment. I found it very difficult to have something fresh and new to post on a daily basis. Please feel free to post here anytime, we motivate each other!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Kim!!!!!! That's awesome! What is the prize bin at the center? Is it something that takes donations? I smell Daisy Project for my girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prize bin is a toy box that is supposed to be filled with small trinkets for the children to pick from after thier appointment or treatment. Sometimes it is pretty sparse. Tomorrow we are going to bring in chinese erasers and suncatcher kits to put in the bin. Mary has fun shopping for it, and Michaels has all those $1.00 bins.....

    They rely on donations to keep the box filled. Most of thier donations come in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. They keep larger presents for the kids who had a rough day. Mary got one of these larger presents her first chemo and once when she spent most of the day throwing up. Just to give you an idea she got a Hannah Montana box for [whatever??? she keeps her pencil collection in it] and once was a barbie. They also celebrate all the kids birthdays and make sure they all get a few presents.

    I would be happy to bring anything in from your Daisy's. Just thought I'd mention that we walk from Penn to 3rd which is about .8m, I usually have my work stuff with me, so whatever you want me to bring needs to be easily portable.

    A lot of the things at the clinc (craft time, hortoculture threapy, the clown, yoga, etc) are associated with the Making Headway Foundation, which is a GREAT program that really caters to Pediatric Brain Tumor Patients.

    http://www.makingheadway.org/

    ReplyDelete