Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What a horrible chill-to-the-bone type of weather day we had. The rain came just in time to make the snow turned slush turned wet ice rink parking lot an uninviting slip'n slide. When I arrived at work I placed one foot out of my car and thought, nope, I'll never survive the 75 feet to the door. How poorly maintained this lot was. I suppose I should complain. Never-the-less, I found a better spot and made it indoors safely.

What better way to cheer up a dreary day than to do a good deed I ask you? I drove my co-worker and her nearly 5 year old son about 15 minutes each way to get them home safely after work. Normally she's footing it to the train station about a mile, then once she gets to her town she has to get on a bus. Yuck. It's bad enough being a working mom but can you imagine having to walk through what Mother Nature left us today? In the cold? When it's raining? Uphill both ways? Nor can I, nor can I.

No comments:

Post a Comment