Sunday, January 9, 2011

Yesterday I never got online to post a good deed. I fell asleep curled up with Jamie after she begged me for some "mommy time". We played on their DSi's for a while till we fell asleep.

Emily says her good deed yesterday, Saturday, was helping her cousin. Jennie came over Friday evening and had a sleep over with us. We drove all over on Saturday. First I took them all to Emily and Jamie's karate practice. Then back home. Then we went to the place we're planning on having the adoption party to check it out. Then to the movies, then to Jennie's house. Emily said that Jennie was unable to buckle herself and she did it for her each time. And I didn't have to ask her, I didn't even know Jennie was having trouble ... so I like, really like, this good deed!

Today Glenn took care of the recycling. It's fair to say that almost all of us do this task, and if you think about why we are recycling I think you'll agree it is a good deed. After all there are people who ignore recycling all together. We had a whole back porch full of cardboard boxes from all the internet Christmas shopping we did, plus a ton of cardboard boxes and miscellaneous cardboard packaging from the toys themselves. Everything, even the month's worth of junk mail, glass and plastics, made its way to the recycling center today in broken down neat packages. I don't think you could see the kids in the van once it was all packed up!

Remember, there is a Dunkin Donuts gift card in someone's future. A nice cup of coffee sounds good right about now. Post your good deeds of January 2011 and be in the running for the $25 gift card. Might be an easy win, there aren't a lot of posts .... yet!!

1 comment:

  1. I told my customer to post here but I don't think she will so I am doing it for her. Kelly H. emailed me today in response to my pathetic attempt to make her feel like she was doing a good deed for voting for my son in a Cute Kid of the Week contest. I was tyring to make it sound like she should feel extra good about her self if she did that. Granted, I know her voting is more of a favor, not a good deed. But she wrote me. "I feel 'extra good' about myself today. I made cookies and gave them out to the homeless this morning and now I voted for your hero to start earning his keep." Now the part about helping the homeless is truly exemplary. If she wins your raffle I will be sure to get you her contact information.

    ReplyDelete